Wednesday 18 February 2009

Ida y vuelta, hin und zurück, go and return, aller retour

After my stay in Europe since middle of January till middle of February, I am back in Benin for another 8 months.

The question of today is where did I go? Where did I go when I left for Europe and where when I came back?

Someway I went “home” when I came to Mainz and had time to see and talk with some of my friends. It was a pleasure to see you face-to-face and speak freely about everything that happened. To feel some of you understand what I am feeling and living actually. Some of you know quite a lot about me and “my history” and it is easy for you to understand. Mainz was, probably for the last time, the nest of my closest friends and me. Most of the Mainzer group are actually leaving to somewhere on the planet…

Then I went to Paris to my official address which will not last any longer since the contract will be finished in June. There I faced a very decisive period of my life. The places of Paris are somehow my geographic home. When I dream about meeting friends somewhere the dream takes usually place in my beloved city of Paris. Paris is as glamorous and proud as it is dirty and sticky, it is as authentic as it is faked, it is small in seize but big inside and I love the mixture of this and its inhabitants from all over the world.

And now I am back in Benin – someway back at home, where my life takes place. Here is my flat and my work, some friends and lots of experiences to learn… I will try to keep you informed on that…

Three homes for just one person… lucky me…

Best wishes to you all, some place(s) you may call home and last but not least friends…

No comments: